Welcome to Bulrush
Bulrush STL is a contemporary dining and craft bar experience in the Grand Center Arts District just a short walk to the Fox Theater and Symphony. James Beard semi-finalist chef, Rob Connoley features contemporary foods rooted in Ozark cuisine in one of the most intimate dining settings in the nation. We prepare contemporary interpretations of 19th century historic Ozark cuisine – Country pork, corn bread, greens, pie. Our goal is to offer you classic Ozark foods, presented in brand new ways, to take you back to your fondest food memories.
We are emerging from the pandemic and will be serving carryout curbside beginning May 20th.
Orders can be placed starting at 9 am each Tuesday for the week. Carryout available Wed-Sat, 4-7pm. All appetizers and mains will be packaged cooked with simple instructions for finishing touches when you get home. At this time of extreme financial distress we are asking that gift cards not be redeemed until we are back at full service. If you are in hardship and a gift card is necessary, please give us a call and we can make arrangements.
- Turkey wings on grits with sweet and spicy beet BBQ sauce (serves 2-4) $18
- Chilled asparagus soup (1 pt) $8
- Hearty house salad with fried hominy, pickled corn, wheat berry, crisp asparagus (serves 2-4) $18
- 1# Pulled pork, rolls, pickles, baked beans, asparagus (serves 2-4) $34
- Whole roast chicken, sumac spiced, cornbread, roasted veg, asparagus (serves 2-4) $50
- Turkey OR Veg pot pie with side salad (7″, serves 2) $30
Dessert & Tomorrow’s Breakfast:
- New England brown bread whoopie pie $7
- Cookie survival pack (4 cookies) $12
- Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream $!0 qt or $6 pt
- Our famous biscuits (2) and gravy (1 pt) kit – you bake in the morning (serves 2) $16
- Home cornbread (farmer Rick Davis’ floriani organic grits) kits (9″ round) $18
- Andy’s cocktail of the day
- House made miso 4 oz (roasted potato or white bean) $8
- Value wine of the day
Yes, all of our ingredients are raised by local farmers, and of course we have prepared everything, including the most basic ingredient, in house.
From the Marshfield Mail newspaper recounting an Ozark resident during the Spanish Flu Pandemic, “Floyd Atkinson, who had the flu last week, is able to eat biscuits now, and he said they tasted good.”
Due to the pandemic we are no longer including gratuity in our prices.